Your Graphics Design Inspiration Fix
Welcome to my Graphics Design blog. My aim is to bring you interesting and inspirational articles, concepts and examples of great graphics design. If you are just starting out as a graphics designer or already experienced, you should find something of interest in my blog. After all, everyone needs a little bit of inspiration and motivation from time to time. Here are some of my latest posts:
Graphic Art Puzzles
TIP: If you are a creative graphics artist, have you ever thought about turning your artwork into jigsaw puzzles and selling these? Its a great way to get exposure and make some money at the same time. Surprisingly, Jigsaw Puzzles are just as popular as they were before the days of laptops and game consoles. Perhaps its something to do with the satisfaction that you get from fitting the last piece to complete the picture. Many budding graphic artists sell they art at craft shows exhibitions and weekend markets. Offering your artwork as Jigsaw Puzzles is a great way to increase your sales at these events as not everyone wants to buy a print of your work. You can upload your image file and turn your artwork into a 1000 piece photo puzzle. Once you have experimented with different images, you will soon be able to tell which of your art pieces sells the best as puzzles.
Choosing A Good Video Production Company
Videos are used on several fronts today. From advertising and marketing to coverage of live events for memories and records, videos have a wide array of applications. Regardless of the setting a video is being used; it is extremely fundamental for the video to be good. Your choice of a video production company is paramount in determining the type of video you get. Below are some of the guidelines that will help you make the best pick when it comes to video production companies choices.
Check Their Experience
Taking a look at their background is a strong start in your quest for a good video production company. It is important to have an idea of how long the company in question has been in business as this will give you a better insight of what to expect from the company. It will also give you an idea of the capabilities of the company as well as their philosophy towards the people they do their business with. It is worth noting that you should not go ahead and write off the new companies since some of them may offer you a better deal than the established companies. New companies are eager to impress in the market, and they will strive by all their means to attract customers and retain the ones they have by offering excellent services.
Check The Customer Feedback
Knowing whether a company has made their clients happy or not is very crucial. There is no doubt that a company that makes their customers happy offers good services. Try and conduct some research about some of the clients served by the company in question and see what they have to say about their services. If the feedback is bad, don’t hesitate into moving to the next option.
Check Their Production Quality
When it comes to video production, quality and professionalism are the things that matter the most. It is, therefore, important to check whether the company in question produces quality videos and whether their presentation looks professional. Different people need different levels of quality and professionalism in their videos, and it is important to check if a company’s standards match your levels. It’s also worth noting that sometimes it’s worth looking outside your area if the quality is good enough. If you lived out in Tulsa Oklahoma and you find some good Northwest Arkansas video production companies, then it’s absolutely worth reaching out to see if they’re willing to travel for the work.
Check Their Prices
Most people and companies operate on fixed budgets. When choosing a video production company, you need to ensure that the prices charged fit your budget. Going for a company that charges more than you can afford is a big No. When filtering out companies, make sure you remain with the ones that charge within your budget.
Get Several Quotes
When making a choice, you are better off having several choices for your video production. Try and get several quotes from video production companies so that you can compare and contrast the terms and other things before making your final decision. By doing this, you will land the best video production company for your project. You can also see who has the best equipment for camera work by doing this as well.
Following the tips above will save you the struggles experienced when choosing a video production company. Getting the right company is good since they might turn out to be a long-term partner that will help you with all your video projects.
An Accident Can Happen To You. Invest In An Insurance Policy.
The risk of natural disasters happening are always on the rise thanks to ignored problems like global warming. A Tornado, or hurricane could come to your town during the summer season. Along with the many other woes that could potentially hit. During a family tragedy there are always a lot of expenses that need to be taken care of. Taking out an insurance policy can help your family when a hard time befalls them.
Accidents Happen When You Least Expect Them
An island about a 100 miles east of Houston, called Galveston, had not experience a flood for over a hundred years before their beloved town was blown away by Hurricane Ike in 2008. Many of the residential areas were destroyed by the flooding that took place. By the time the hurricane was done completing it’s deadly journey, nearly 25 billion dollars in damages happened along it’s path. Some of which was not insured.
Overall, the hurricane took responsibility for causing over a hundred deaths. Some of those who died left with no life insurance policy to secure the comfort of their loved ones. Accidents happen because people get comfortable. A major Hurricane had not struck Galveston in over a hundred years. The sea wall built along the shore protected against minor storms the town was accustomed too.
The people who worked on this small island did not expect to be out of work for months after the tragedy. Sadly, many were. With a simple Aflac insurance policy, they could have provided for their families while their place of work was being rebuilt. Insurance policies make all the difference when dealing with disasters.
It’s common to be within a certain budget while in the market for insurance Rogers. If you were a billionaire, it wouldn’t be necessary to get this type of protection. Luckily, many insurance agencies are willing to work within your price range. Progressive now offers a name your price tool. Consider that you might be able to get a cheaper quote somewhere else. A Geico quote may offer more protection for the amount of money.
While it’s extremely important to get a policy, it’s even more important to get a policy with the right company. This is just one reason why you should make your insurance policy budget as big as you can possibly get it. A company that’s cheap, but doesn’t pay claims, isn’t worth working with. Of course, all insurance companies strive to get away with paying as little money as possible in claims, but the bigger names in insurance are less shady about it. If you’re really curious about how an insurance company treats it’s customers, be sure to read its reviews.
Under the affordable care act, you can now be fined if you’re without health insurance. This is really the least of your problems if you actually get sick while not having health insurance. Hospital bills have put a lot of hard working, and unsuspecting, people in debt. While insurance can’t take care of all of it, it can help lighten the burden.
It’s never a good idea to wait until a tragedy happens before discovering out how you’re going to solve the problem of what it’s brought. Successful people are always prepared. Make sure you have yourself, and your family prepared for any hardship that might come. The answer to ease your burden might just be an insurance policy.
How Bar Stools Because a Staple Part of 2014 Interior Design
Growing up in the 1980s life seemed be a lot more care free, with no real concessions to health and safety – for example, there was certainly no personal injury laws to speak of. Parents smoked in the home, in the car, kids were allowed out all day with no fear of being snatched off the street – was life more dangerous? Probably not in reality, but it seems that way looking back now. Another aspect to 1980s life I look back on fondly, is my parents mini-bar that they had in the lounge, replete with stainless steel bar stools and authentic beer mats and towels. Looking back its quite funny, as the bar was arranged in the corner of the living room, looking completely out of the place with the three bar stools set against it.
Bar Stools Making a Come Back
The reason I recollect this today, is because I spent the day talking to a guy who runs a successful business selling bar stools in the UK. He imports them from abroad, and then sells them online for a profit, and makes a very good living out of it from his website (www.barstools.co.uk), which came as a surprise to me because I really thought that the bar stool in the home was a relic of the 1980s, but by all accounts they have come back in fashion with a vengeance recently are selling like proverbial hotcakes.
If you visit his website you’ll probably be surprised at the sheer range of different bar stools that you can get for your home. He features kitchen bar stools, designer bar stools, commercial bar stools… and then ones you probably would set up in an interior design piece made with leather, brushed steel, and other items. Some are funky bar stools, some are retro bar stools – there’s no real limit to the design and the BarStools.co.uk website has something like nearly 400 different models available.
Anyhow, I digress. The reason I started this blog post was because I was interested to see how the design of bar stools had changed over the years since the 1980s when my parents had their own mini-bar at home. In truth, you can still buy the old school versions made from stainless steel (or cheap aluminium alternative in my parents’ case) with the faux black leather seat. Generally speaking though, the design of the humble bar stools itself hasn’t changed much; they still are structured in a similar manner. However, some of the more modern and funky ones have a few added features which set them apart from their 1980’s predecessors.
Examples of new design trends are the cantilever brackets on the rear which help with adjusting the height of the bar stool, bucket seat designs, and even some which now have drinks holders on them and digital displays for massage settings – completely different to how the bar stools of the 1980s used to operate.
If you pick up any interior design magazine, for example House and Garden, these days you will probably find at least one design photograph where bar stools have been used. Mainly they have become more popular in kitchen design, rather than there being a modern trend for mini-bars in the lounge area (this seems be very much left behind a few decades ago thankfully).
So to conclude, it looks like I am actually going to acquire some bar stools of my own. I promise that I am not going to try to re-create some horrible bar from our 1980s Tenerife family holiday – instead I am going to try and create something that looks like this:
This is how I want my kitchen to look – complete with bar stools! Image copyright of this guy here @flickr.com/photos/ckgolfsolutions
Cool huh! In truth, it might never happen as my wife has larger and bigger plans for me and my next DIY job but a man can only dream – I just wish I could’ve found a photos of my parent’s min-bar circa 1984 – I do though, I will post it here for a laugh.
8 Important T-shirt Design Tips
Are you interested in t-shirt design or becoming a t-shirt designer but you don’t know where to start? If your answer is yes, this article is for you. T-shirts can easily qualify as the most popular types of clothing worldwide. Knowing how to design t-shirts can therefore be very lucrative venture if you are able to perfect the art. Below are 8 important tips/steps to get you started on the right path.
1. Take time developing and exploring your concept: This is undoubtedly one of the most important tips to consider if you want to become a pro t-shirt designer. Most upcoming designers fail during this stage. If you want to develop cool t-shirts that attract instant attention, you must take time developing and exploring your concept/s. It is advisable to take as much time as you need creating a number of variations. You can travel, go for long walks, brainstorm e.t.c. to get inspiration and come up with your own unique concepts and a few variations of those concepts. This tip is important for ensuring you come up with well thought out t-shirt design concepts that are unmatched in terms of uniqueness and creativity among other factors.
2. Imagine your concept as a design on a t-shirt: This is the next step to consider after developing and exploring your concepts. This step is important for materializing your concept/s. It is important to note that concepts are useless if they can’t be imagined and transformed into tangible products. This applies to everything including Christian apparel. Considering you are free to interpret your concept in whichever way you see fit, you shouldn’t have a problem visualising your concepts as designs on t-shirts.
3. Prepare the actual design while paying attention to detail: After imagining your concepts as designs, you shouldn’t have a problem coming up with actual designs. During this step, it is important to make your designs as detailed as possible because people appreciate attention to detail. Including as much detail as possible also makes your designs authentic and hard to copy. It is however important to note that simplicity can also result in classic t-shirt designs. Such occurrences are however rare.
4. Consider your target market: After preparing your blueprint, the next step is considering your target market. For instance, you need to consider if you are targeting men/women, young/old e.t.c. This is a very important consideration because it helps you choose the different types of t-shirts that are appropriate to your target market i.e. long-sleeved, short sleeved, cap sleeves, v-neck, crew neck, tank tops e.t.c.
5. Use subtle humour: This is a very important tip to consider when you want to incorporate humour in your t-shirt designs. It is important to note that the most successful humour t shirts have subtle humour however loud the designs may be. You must therefore ensure your t shirts don’t come across as cheap joke t shirts. You can do this by ensuring you strike a balance to avoid being offensive or triggering passiveness.
6. Consider colour: Colour plays a very important role in t shirt design. You must therefore consider using t shirt colours effectively i.e. by incorporating complementary colours. You can consider using Adobe illustrator to have access to global colours. With such a tool, you can be able to come up with any restricted colours you can think off. Having different t-shirts designs in different colours helps a lot in creating variety.
7. Prepare your artwork perfectly: Pantone colours are the best for screen printing. The colours are also perfect if you have outlined text. Preparing your artwork should also include having your preferred program in place i.e. Photoshop or Illustrator. It is important to note that there are very many readily available tutorials on t-shirt printing using the above programs among many others. You shouldn’t therefore encounter problems preparing your artwork.
8. Use a good printer: This is another important tip/step to consider when you want to design t-shirts like a pro. After finishing your design/s and preparing your artwork, you have to use a good printer to get good results. Your choice of a good printer will depend on many factors i.e. the type of t-shirt you are printing on, the type of colours/ink you want to use, the number of t-shirts you want to print e.t.c. You should take all this into consideration including the cost to ensure you end up with perfect finished products produced in a cost effective manner.